Its been some 4-5 months since I am in Gurgaon and like every city this city has some unique identifications/characteristics. And no its not a tourist attraction. Its for the people which makes it different from some other city in the world.so how do you know its Gurgaon?
You know it Gurgaon when/if:
1. C-A-R is a four letter word
2. You think dog-walking is actually a profession
3. Your like your drinking water as ‘Cooled and Bottled’ and pity those who have to drink tap water.
4. You prefer malls to buy anything, even your monthly vegetables
5. You don’t even bat your eyelid when demanded 18000 for a 2 BHK + Electricity+ Water + blah blah and think its ok
6. Sector and border are pronounced correctly as sectorrrrrrrrr and bardarrrrrrrr respectively.
7. The criterion for classification into BPL (Below Poverty Line) is, if you don’t own a car.
8. There is no concept of footpath.it is used as a car parking because footpath is a wastage of space. You cant believe some one will walk on the road
9. You have no clue about high temperature in the city since you have a/c home, office, car and for that matter any place you go
10. You know that Google maps are a better option for directions than asking people on road.no one seems to know anything until sector number is mentioned
11. You don’t frown when asked “WHERE ARE YOU FROM?” because you are sure the other person might be from your place too.no one is actually from here.
12. Living in some specific sectors helps boosts your status and if you live anywhere else, be it even a penthouse, it just wont match
13. You are wondering why there are so many car-repairing shops on roadsides.
14. Liquor shops and malls are easier to find than hospitals.
15. People frown if you mention that you still use prepaid connection. They cant think why on earth would some one do that to themselves
16. On being given a debit card after a meal, the waiter blatantly says “sir we don’t take debit cards”
17. Liquor is available 24*7 officially and unofficially. And everybody knows it or you can cross the BARDARRRRRR and go to DILLI to get it
18. There is a 89.6% chance that the person driving that BIIIIIG car hasn’t heard of ‘Carpooling’.
19. You know the difference of taste between Chicken tikka and tandoori Chicken
20. 500 is the least denomination of notes that’s available in any atm and no one seems to have the “Change”
want to know more about gurgaon read here
So next time you happen to visit Gurgaon, watch out for these things.have u noticed anything different.do share